Small closets in your rental property can be a big issue for tenants and can even be a dealbreaker for some applicants. Renting a space without sufficient storage in the closets and other areas mean some tenants are forced to rent an off-site storage unit. Offsite storage units are expensive and inconvenient, and chances are potential tenants would rather rent a home that works for their needs. To make your property more desirable, Arlington property management companies can show you how to make the most of the closet space you have.
Making Small Spaces Feel Bigger
There are ways to make your storage spaces seem bigger, without adding any square footage or closet systems. Check out these cosmetic fixes that give the illusion your tiny closet is much bigger.
- Mirrors – Adding a mirror to the door of your closet is like an optical illusion that will make your closet feel brighter and bigger.
- Lighting – If your closet space doesn’t have a light consider adding one. Inexpensive, small push lights are easy to add to any closet.
- Paint – Closets tend to be dark and cave-like. Make yours feel brighter and bigger by painting it white, or another light neutral color.
Most Arlington property management companies can help you find trustworthy vendors for painting, hanging lights, and other odd-jobs around your rental home. Specialized Property Management Fort Worth can even schedule these updates, inspect the work, and upload pictures to your owner online portal.
Add Shelves, Hooks, And More
If your rental home’s closet has no shelves, rods, or other built-in storage, it is more of a tiny, pointless room. If that is the case in your rental home’s closets, we have solutions. These closet additions will make that tiny space more usable, and your tenants will be grateful for the help keeping their closets organized.
- Shelves: adding at least one shelf in a closet can make a big impact. Shelves can be especially helpful in tall closets as they turn the top of the closet from wasted space into working storage.
- Rods: bedroom closets without a rod to hang clothes can be especially frustrating to tenants. Rods are inexpensive and available at most home improvement stores and online retailers.
- Hooks: add hooks to closet doors, bathroom cabinets, and other small spaces to give your tenant a little boost of usability. Hats, scarves, belts, and other accessories can be put on these hooks freeing up space inside the closet.
- Built-ins: if you want to put a little more money into the project consider adding built-in shelves, rods, and drawers to a closet. These types of built-in closets mean your tenant doesn’t have to provide their own, which can be a big draw for some.
Other Solutions for Property Owners
Arlington property management companies can help you in other ways too. For easier Arlington residential property management Specialized Property Management Fort Worth offers these services:
For Current Property Owners – If you think small closet space is holding your rental back from attracting quality tenants, you may want to do a small remodel. An experienced property management company will help you figure out all the details of remodeling to increase storage space. From choosing the right layout to picking top-quality vendors, your property manager is here for you.
For Future Property Owners – If you’re still looking for the perfect investment property the local experts at Specialized Property Management Fort Worth can help. We know closet size is a big issue for tenants in some areas, and we can advise you on what else to look for to make a good investment.
Arlington Property Management Companies Can Help
An experienced property manager is a valuable asset for every rental property owner. Property managers have knowledge that comes from years devoted to making sure rental homes are rented out quickly, and the tenants are happy. If you’re not sure how to make an awkward living space appealing to potential tenants, think about calling a local property management company for help.
Services Specialized Property Management Fort Worth Offers
Specialized Property Management Fort Worth gives property owners experience, professionalism, and proven processes. Our property managers have the expertise you need to make your rental investment into a success. If you don’t own property yet, our property managers can guide you to the right one. The right property manager will take their knowledge of what tenants want in a rental home and help you make a great investment. After you’ve made a great investment choice, your Arlington residential property management company will make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Here are a few of the services we offer:
- Inspecting – Regular property inspections will save you money by pointing out potential issues with your property or your tenants.
- Maintenance – Regular home maintenance is important but can be a hassle to an overworked landlord. Leave it to the professionals at Specialized Property Management Fort Worth, and your home will shine!
- Showings – Whether in person or virtually, our showings will highlight the best things about your property and make it stand out from the competition.
But we offer so much more! Our property managers take care of the whole rental process and are there for you and your tenants 24/7. To find out more and schedule a free rental consultation call our offices today.