Property Management Fort Worth Recommends Energy Saving Techniques For Renters
Following these energy saving techniques in your rental home is not only good for the environment, it is good for your pocketbook. With just a few simple steps you could save hundreds of dollars per year on your energy bill! Share this list with your landlord to see if they can help or have any more tips to make your home energy efficient.
Our Best Energy Saving Tips
- Switch out all light bulbs, or just your the most used ones, for more energy efficient bulbs. Turn off lights every time you leave a room to save even more!
- If you need a room air conditioner, compare ENERGY STAR qualified models that use less energy than standard models.
- Installing a programmable thermostat will help with your heating and cooling costs because it automatically adjusts the temperature when you are gone or asleep.
- Remember that electronics account for a large portion of your household energy costs and they could be using energy even when turned off. To be sure you are not wasting energy unplug power cords when not in use, or use a power switch with an on/off button.
- Choose a short shower over taking a bath and you can save gallons of water.
- Clean or replace air filters regularly. If you need help with this contact your property managers. Fort Worth rental homes need regular maintenance like this to ensure their homes are clean and up to code.
- Use curtains to let sun in during cold weather and keep sun out during hot weather.
- Use your washer’s cold water setting whenever possible to save money on heating hot water. Do not overdry your clothes and hang them outside if possible.
Specialized the Property Management Fort Worth Trusts!
Specialized Property Management has the property managers Fort Worth trusts for everything from marketing their home to reducing maintenance and energy costs. Our property managers care about making your investment a success which means keeping costs down while ensuring your rental home is a healthy, clean, and happy place to live. To learn more about our full service property management company call today!