Many landlords are satisfied with inspecting their rental property only as part of their tenants move in and move out procedures. Experienced property managers know this thinking is likely to lead to costly and avoidable mistakes. Here are five reasons you should regularly inspect your rental property.
- Proactive Maintenance. Tenants do not always report minor maintenance issues, either preferring to handle it themselves or let them be. The problem with this is that a small issue can quickly turn into a large issue if left alone. You can catch and fix a leaking pipe before it turns into water damage and mold if you inspect the property regularly.
- Lease Compliance. If a tenant has a pet in a no-pet house or is smoking inside when the lease states not to, you have a problem and need to address it. Sometimes these problems are only noticed during an inspection.
- Tenant Communication. Communicating with your tenant is easier when you or your property management in Fort Worth can be physically present on the property. It also signals to your tenant that you care about how they and the property are doing.
- Tenant Behavior. Along with lease compliance, landlords can check in on tenant behavior during inspections. To catch an issue such as criminal activity, negligence, or hoarding, you need to be aware and physically present.
- Safety Concerns. Is your rental property safe to live in? Are there loose screws or buckling carpets? Are there bed bugs or other pests the tenant is unaware of or unwilling to deal with? Are the fire alarms and extinguishers working? These are important safety features to protect your tenants and your property.
How Property Management in Fort Worth Can Help
A full-service property management company will schedule regular inspections for your rental property. The inspector can determine if maintenance needs to be done if your tenants are complying with the lease and if there are any concerns about their behavior or safety. At Specialized Property Management Fort Worth you can view full inspection reports on your online portal, so you are never in the dark about what is going on at your property. To find out more about our property management services, call Specialized Property Management Fort Worth today.