As a landlord, you have to think about your home as a business investment. However, many landlords are not aware of the complexities of owning rental property, which puts their investment at risk. An experienced, professional Fort Worth property management company can help you minimize mistakes and protect your investment.
Ft Worth Property Management Dos and Don’ts
Your Fort Worth property management company knows owning a rental home is a full-time job. Marketing, maintenance, and rent collection are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to property management. While not an exhaustive list, here are a few property management dos and don’ts you should keep in mind as a landlord. Being unaware, or simply forgetting one of these dos and don’ts can mean costly fines or long vacancy times at your property.
- Rigorously screen tenants to reduce turnover and evictions
- Have a copy of the lease agreement signed by all parties
- Inspect property with tenant prior to move in and provide a move-in inspection list
- Keep property insured and require tenant to purchase renters insurance
- Wait to respond when a tenant has a request
- Break any housing laws, whether local, state, or federal
- Evict a tenant without going through the proper legal channels
- Hide a foreclosure proceeding from your tenant
How a Quality Fort Worth Property Management Company Helps
A quality, experienced property management company like Specialized Preperty Management knows the ins and outs of property management and can help you avoid costly mistakes. The list of dos and don’ts can be a lot to remember for any landlord, especially if being a landlord is not your full-time job. Specialized has been in the business for almost 30 years because landlords know they can trust us with their investments. From screening tenants to inspecting and maintaining your home, the Ft Worth property management at Specialized have everything covered. To hear about all the services we offer give us a call today!