Not all rental homes are created equal. Some are much easier to rent out than others, but how do you choose the right one? Which home will have the shortest vacancy time and bring in a wide variety of eligible applicants? Your rental property management Fort Worth office will have the expertise you need to buy in that specific market, but in the meantime here are a few general ways to pick out the best rental property.
Fort Worth rental property management recommends…
- Location, location, location! Where is your property located? Are there good schools, easy access to public transportation, and excellent local amenities? Would YOU want to live there? Safety and amenities are big issues for potential renters.
- Municipal regulations make a difference! Managing a property in an area that has heavy regulations can create a significant burden and may not be worth the cost. Check the local regulations before you buy so you know what you are getting into.
- HOA rules and fees can be surprising! Don’t be caught off guard by HOA regulations. Some associations even require input on your tenant selection, which could create a delay in renting out your home. Know the rules before you commit to an investment property.
- Local rental markets vary! Look for a neighborhood with low vacancy rates, high rent prices, and appreciating home values. Your Specialized Fort Worth rental property management team can help you pull all these statistics.
- Buy an attractive home! Stay away from weird layouts, busy streets, and older or smaller homes. Long term, single-family rental homes are easier to rent out if they have 3 or more bedrooms, are over 1000 sq. ft., and have fenced-in yards. Maintenance will be easier and cheaper if the home is less than 15 years old.
Specialized’s Rental Property Management: Fort Worth Experts in Property Selection
When you are ready to purchase an investment property make sure you consult the experts in property selection. With almost 30 years of experience Specialized has what it takes to make your investment a success. Call us today to learn about all the services we offer!