The Rent-Ready Quiz from the Leading Fort Worth Property Management
First impressions count. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t spend so much time worrying about how we look and act on a first date. Tenants searching for their next rental home are equally impressionable. Their first experience with your property will determine their next steps. Will you get a second date? Maybe a signed lease? The more of the following questions that you can answer ‘yes’ to, the more memorable first real estate date you’ll have with prospective tenants.
The Fort Worth Property Management Rent-Ready Quiz
- Is your property appealing from the curb? If you were driving by, would you stop to see more or hit the gas? (__Yes __No)
- Does your property need maintenance and repairs – including safety and security items as well as cosmetic issues? Think running or leaking plumbing, broken windows, mold, etc.? (__Yes __No)
- Did you rekey your property or install a keyless code entry? (__Yes __No)
- Are your appliances in working order with new filters? This includes your water heater, AC, and heating system. (__Yes __No)
- Do your smoke detectors and other monitors required by law such as carbon monoxide or radon detectors have fresh batteries? (__Yes __No)
- Have you removed personal belongings from everywhere on the property? Including sheds and garages? (__Yes __No)
- Are the walls painted a neutral color, not touched up, and with no paint left behind for the renters to use? (__Yes __No)
- Are your utilities still on so potential renters may tour the property in light and a comfortable temperature? (__Yes __No)
- Has the property and yard been professionally cleaned and maintained? (__Yes __No)
- Did you install a lock box? (__Yes __No)
Now score yourself. One point for every ‘yes’.
1-5 = Your first impression is lacking. Most tenants are out of your league. Call a Fort Worth property manager professional for a pep talk and some assistance.
6-9 = You’re ready to call the team at Specialized for some fine-tuned advice.
10 = Put up that posting.
Think of your Fort Worth property manager team, Specialized, as your real estate dating experts. If you’re a 10, we’ll keep you there. If you’re anything less, we’ll help you get there. Making your property rent-ready will not only reduce your risk and liability down the road, but it will increase your chances of leasing it more quickly to the most reliable tenant possible. We lease more than 5,000 homes per month. We’ll be your best wing man.
Call us today.