The carpet in your rental home needs to be replaced every ten years, or more often if it is not cared for properly. One way to make sure you don’t have to replace the carpet sooner is by choosing a low maintenance, durable carpet. A good Arlington property management company, like Specialized Property Management, can help you update the flooring in your home and make it more desirable for potential tenants.
Carpet fibers are the materials used to make the carpet. They will determine how soft and durable the carpet is, as well as how expensive it is. A durable and inexpensive carpet fiber is the best choice for your Arlington rental property management.
- Nylon is the most common type of fiber. It is durable, easy to clean, and inexpensive.
- Polyester is typically less expensive and feels soft. However, it tends to be less durable, and Arlington rental property management companies do not recommend it because of this.
- Wool is a natural fiber that provides a rich and luxurious carpet. It is soft and durable, but it is usually more expensive. The expense makes it not a good fit for rental homes.
- Olefin is a strong synthetic fiber often used to make outdoor rugs. It is durable but can be difficult to clean when it gets stained.
- Loop Pile Carpet – Loop pile is just what it sounds like, the pile fibers of the carpet are twisted into loops. These loops can be tight or loose. Tighter loops will be more durable in high traffic areas; they stand up well to stains and pressure from furniture.
- Cut Pile Carpet – Cut pile is made by cutting the twisted loops of the fibers. Cut pile carpet can be a good choice for bedrooms because it is softer than loop pile carpets, but it does not do well against stains and wear. Unless your tenant desires cut pile, it may not be worth the extra maintenance that comes with cut pile carpet.
A Quality Arlington Property Management Company Makes it Easy
If you’re looking for an easier way to do property management, call Specialized Property Management Fort Worth. As a full-service Arlington property management company we take care of your property from carpet to ceiling. For a free rental consultation call today!