Collecting rent may seem like a straightforward process. The fact is, tenants don’t always pay rent on time and checks don’t always clear. Property managers often find themselves in the collections business and are sometimes forced to go through the legal process of an eviction.
THE SPECIALIZED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION:
Our team of property managers in Fort Worth help streamline the rent collection process and avoid rent collecting delays. Here’s how:
- Our rigorous tenant qualification process helps us place tenants who have a history of following through on their lease agreements and paying rent on time.
- Our firm-but-fair rent policies are clearly explained at the lease signing.
- Tenants can pay rent online which is then ACH direct deposited into the owner’s account.
- Our automated collections process begins as soon as the law allows to enforce the lease policies and resolve the matter of unpaid rents.
- Our in-house legal team supports our owner-clients needs in the event of an eviction.
Financial Services Don’t End at Rent Collection
With our expert property management, Fort Worth owners are also offered audited year-end financials, 1099 preparation, and quarterly independent audits of owner trust accounts to give peace of mind to our clients.
RENT COLLECTION PRACTICES EVERY LANDLORD SHOULD FOLLOW:
- Communicate expectations to tenants clearly and early
- Remain professional and firm during collection processes
- Immediately issue a warning when payments are late
- Offer online payment options for faster payments
- Stay up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations, particularly those that are time sensitive
- Minimize rent-free days by taking action when evictions are necessary
- Allow the process, not emotions, to dictate your actions. If you have followed all of the above steps, the outcome is in the hands of your tenants
With over 25 years of experience in property management, Fort Worth team members utilize rent collection processes that work.
Put our team, experience, and ethics to work for you! Call (817) 732-1394