Any good Fort Worth property management company can tell you winter presents a tough problem for landlords who want to keep their rental property secure. With tenants traveling for the holidays or other winter vacations, properties are often left unattended for long periods of time. How do you keep your rental property secure from crime? Below are our best tips for your rental property.
5 Tips For Landlords
- Buy secure locks for every exterior door and window. Make sure each exterior door has a deadbolt, and re-key between every tenant. For the safety of your tenants, each window must open, but ensure it can also lock securely.
- Install a security system. There are plenty to choose from in today’s market, including some with camera systems if your tenant is comfortable with that. Make sure your tenant knows how to use the system, especially if it was installed before they moved in.
- Hang motion sensitive security lights. Put these lights on the walkways that lead to exterior doors so anyone trying to enter at night will be lit.
- Remove shrubs or other items that would allow thieves to hide. Install landscaping that will not allow a person to hide while they are sneaking in or out. Move items like grills, so they do not become hiding places.
- Thoroughly screen tenants before they sign the lease. This will allow you to be aware of any criminal history including theft.
How a Fort Worth Property Management Company Can Help
At Specialized Property Management Fort Worth we do everything we can to make sure your property is secured. Property managers take care of re-keying in between tenants, and can add any of the above safety features to your property. When you hire a professional property management company in Fort Worth your property is taken care of, even if you and your tenant are out of town. To learn more about our full-service property management company, call Specialized Property Management Fort Worth today.